Monster Scavenger Hunt
One of my coworkers came up with a team scavenger hunt inside of the school. Each team was made up of six people, and the team had to find seven monster cards. But only one person at a time could search for their item. So when an item was found, the next team member would go. It was kind of like a scavenger hunt relay. My team didn’t win but we had a great time losing.
This year’s costume contest was really funny. For the first time that I can remember, there was no woman dressed in a sexy costume; usually, a woman in a sexy costume always places in one of the top three spots. Two years ago, a student dressed in a French maid outfit was the winner. Last year, number three was a woman dressed in a hot female police officer’s costume (complete with a mini-skirt, handcuffs, cool shades, and a police officer’s hat). This year, our top three costumes were:
3) A Japanese Executioner’s Outfit- I’m not sure if that’s what you call this costume, but that’s what it looked like to me. I’ve seen these same costumes on the Japanese Show Dowtown with Hiroshi Matsumoto and Hamada. A dark, serious, and scary costume, but an awesome choice.
2) A Special Student Creation- This student’s outfit was made to look like a young child with a runny nose. It was such a simple costume, but it was really funny, and the women thought it was quite cute.
1) Yoda- This was perhaps the simplest costume of all because it was simply a student wearing a sweater, khakis, and a Yoda mask. But he really added life to the party. When he had to drink, he would drink through the mask…that’s dedication.
Latest posts by Donald Ash (see all)
- Fish Out Of Water Guide To Teaching in Japan – At A Glance - September 26, 2016
- Did Japan Kill the American Arcade? - August 25, 2016
- Level Up Your Japanese with JapanesePod101? - August 24, 2016
- Sony PS Vita Commercial featuring Donald Ash - December 7, 2015