TheJapanGuy.com is a website is a compilation of my experiences, pictures, videos, thoughts (and more) while living in Japan. The aim of this site is to use my experiences to show what life is like here in Japan, from a foreigner’s perspective. Inside of this blog you will find:
- An archive of articles discussing life in Japan from a foreigners point of view
- Japan Videos & Photo libraries
- Interviews and audio recordings from people who have lived or are living in Japan
- Weekly Updates (So please come back regularly)
This is by no means an exhaustive list; as the site develops I hope to provide more and more useful content.
Who is the Japan Guy?
My name is Donald Ash and I am the creator of TheJapanGuy.com website. I am from Atlanta, Georgia, U.S. and am currently living and working in Ibaraki, Japan as an English teacher. The majority of my professional work has been in the educational field, having taught both karate and middle school in the United States.
I was inspired to write this blog after having lived in Japan for over two-and-a-half years. I realized that my life in Japan so far has been so many things: fun, confusing, beautiful, challenging, interesting, frustrating, captivating, and peaceful…among other things. I sincerely hope that this blog will do the following:
1) Serve as a resource for those currently living in Japan or coming to Japan
2) Provide some insight into the Japanese culture/lifestyle
3) Show that Japan can be downright fun!
Living in Japan has been a truly rewarding experience for me and maybe…just maybe…my writing, my thoughts…my blog can help make life easier for someone else.
This is a picture from the Ghibli Museum in Mitaka, Japan, standing in front of the robot from the Ghibli anime “Laputa.”
This is me, standing next to one of my co-workers, attacking that very same robot!
Being choked by some Japanese friends at Tokyo Disneyland in Chiba, Japan. The Happiest Place on Earth?!?
A photo with women wearing traditional yukatas. This was taken during a short cruise on Tokyo Bay shortly after my birthday.
Just before a Halloween Party in 2009. This was my coworker’s outfit, but I had to try it on.
Wanna know more about me? Check out the What’s Your Story Page!
Latest posts by Donald Ash (see all)
- Fish Out Of Water Guide To Teaching in Japan – At A Glance - September 26, 2016
- Did Japan Kill the American Arcade? - August 25, 2016
- Level Up Your Japanese with JapanesePod101? - August 24, 2016
- Sony PS Vita Commercial featuring Donald Ash - December 7, 2015